1. ... Er, hello world! I suppose everyone has given me up for MIA, right? /o\ damn, I don't think I've ever spent this long without updating. Or checking the FL, ugh. I swear I'll be up to date asap. Anyway, since I disappeared for two months, have a run-through of what's been going on here.
2. So, point is: I ended up swamped in finals-related cramming which went good for half and bad for the other half (because two were passed the way I wanted, the other two... one I had to skip because I caught some bothersome form of influenza and the other because even with the cramming I wasn't nowhere near ready for it), so now I have three left. Then it happened that apparently the one class I have to attend this semester is canceled and I won't know what to do about it until tomorrow, but my former supervisor for the bachelor's degree is making me do the master's thesis with her so at least there's something. And this entire deal pretty much ate up more of my free time than I'd have liked, so I ended up having to drop any social network where it doesn't take you more than five seconds to post. /o\
3. Also: if anyone has read about election results, B. came in *second*, the third biggest party's target seems to be 'let's make everyone look horrible by not agreeing with a government with the first so next elections we win!', and obviously the lovely people at the left party managed to get first but without enough votes to actually rule, so in the end I'm pretty sure they'll elect the new Pope before we have a government. Yay. If anyone around can guess, I've been wanting to cry hysterically about it since it happened. (I'm also seriously thinking about going out of the country as soon as I have the degree and I find any kind of job somewhere else, but that's not happening until graduation which isn't happening until October at best, so.) Also, two of B.'s trials are ending soon and he organizes a march against the magistrature - I'm not even sure I can stand another six months of him being relevant.
4. ... damn the new LJ update page is as horrible as I remember it, but you can't switch anymore, right? Damn. Okay, back on track.
5. I'm actually caught up with tv shows (okay, nope, I'm caught with SPN and the vampire porn, I had to drop the rest for the moment) but I haven't had time for any reaction post whatsoever so I'll see if after I'm as caught up with the f-list as I'm going to be I'll manage to do some huge meta post for everything I haven't reacted about. For now, in short: I'm not exactly getting what the vampire porn is trying to accomplish but Damon looks prettier than usual so whatever and SPN hasn't been this good in ages as far as I'm concerned, so nothing to complain on that side.
6. Oh, right, I'm also feeling totally conflicted about GOT. In the sense, I want to watch it for some things, but knowing what awaits me at the end makes me wish it aired next year. Or ten years from now. Anyone who read the books knows the deal. One thing that was very much true, though, is that if the posters are the best HBO can do then they'd be better off if they hired me. Or any person around here who can use photoshop, because my first reaction was 'damn give me the selective coloring tool and make me get rid of the blue'.
7. Concerts speaking: I'm seeing Mumford & Sons in a week and The National are coming in June! (The day after I'm supposed to be in Milan for Bon Jovi, but I'll manage somehow.) Also there's Neil Young coming at the end of July, and while the venue sucks I'll probably go because who knows when it's going to happen again. And there's Bruce Springsteen in July too, so at least I'm doing good with going to concerts this year.
8. Also: I totally failed at Christmas cards even if I had half of them ready /o\ in the next days I'm going to send belated PMs because I didn't even manage to make a thank you post for the one I received and then I'm going to see what to do with it. If you receive random cards in the middle of April or May from me, it's me being extremely late.
9. GRRM speaking: I've also apparently and masochistically ended up getting crazy into Wild Cards
, aka The Other Huge Project That GRRM Has Been Doing For Ages But I Didn't Know About It, which I probably should have avoided for my own mental sanity. But I'm apparently in 'DAMN IT I'M IN WESTEROS WITHDRAWAL' mode, and I saw the first book reprinted and I thought the plot was interesting. Clearly I got hooked, and then I promptly found out that on twenty-one books, five are in print and the rest is not. Good news is that I got a Kindle for Christmas and I found a torrent for the e-books, so I'm covered, but you don't want to know the pain that it's been finding ten on twenty-one. The problem is that the eleven I'm missing are priced too much for paperbacks that were out in the early nineties, but I'll probably buy them all. Very much eventually. Anyway, there's obviously no fandom whatsoever for it, so at least I'm saved from possible 'OMG SHINY NEW FANDOM' shenanigans, since I have no time for it. D:
10. Oh, and in the mess above described in the first point, it happened that a guy who could pass for Richard Madden's little brother except with brown hair/eyes exists and he SOMETIMES, and with that I mean 'two times each year', appears in my university. And I was sitting behind the guy during the only written final I had this round. I'm going to spare you the reactions to finding out the guy's existence - they were mostly the kind you overgrow after fourteen, but clearly the one time I run into a guy with whom I'd totally consider trying to flirt (and I'm a total fail at flirting and related) he shows up twice and then I don't see him around anymore. *facepalm* Help. Obviously not having crushed on people at fourteen is showing up now. Ah well.
11. Okay, that was what's going on with me. Soooo tell me what's up with you all? I haven't managed to check the FL also because at some point I fell behind with TV and I didn't want to risk spoilers, and I'm not sure that I'll see everything that I missed because LJ only lets me go back so much :/ I'll try to go check individual journals instead, but meanwhile if something happened with you tell me/link me? I missed LJ, I want to get back into the swing of things. <3